Monday, May 18, 2009

Blending in.


I hadn't realized how much I looked like a part of the tree until I was working on the collage. This is actually in front of mine and Sam's old high school, which was built in 1932, so has great architecture, and beautiful old trees. When I was in school I was obsessed with finding photos from the 30s of the school, but only found one of the front. I was told they existed once, but no one really knew where they are now, I suppose no one else was really as interested as I was. Now it's been remodeled for a more modern interior, and honestly I hate it. But then again I have a thing for old buildings.
My mother gave me this dress a couple of years ago, and I love the freshness of it. I really need to take more pictures of her, she looked so cute the other day in a pink dress and black petticoat, and has some of the prettiest Anthropologie skirts ever. I've been told I look just like her, and that I look nothing like her. You can decide.
Of course I had a parasol, a little silk antique one I never take out because I'm so afraid of it getting ruined. But my other three parasols are hanging up in the living room. Actually that reminds me to share my fantastic goal I thought of the other day:

An entire ceiling covered in colorful hanging petticoats.

Yeah, thats the ultimate dream.