Friday, May 29, 2009

ouch.


Normally I work just three days a week at the local vintage store, but right now the owner is on vacation and I'm working eight days a week. Ok, just this week. Today when I told a lady my boss is on vacation she said to me "You should say 'Holiday', not 'Vacation', you'll sound more educated."

Gee. Thanks lady.

It's been going much better than I thought, I predicted that by the second day I would be bored, but so far I've entertained myself with organizing, shop displays, and plastic bag dresses. Not to mention the repairs. My goodness. I've repaired about a dozen things in the past 5 days, which really doesn't sound like a lot, but my fingers definitely feel it. It's been one of those weeks where I wish that my work and home were separate, just because I want to come home and embroider. But I cant embroider if there are piles of clothes to be washed for my shop, or things to list, or orders to process. That would seem unproductive even though I know thats not true.
On the bright side though I've got some great 50s shirtdresses coming next week, as well as a stunning wedding dress. I'm so obsessed with shirtdresses right now, I just love them. I got this one yesterday when my mother and I went to the Alberta Street Fair in Portland, along with a couple more things for my shop. Including a fabulous sheer black 50s merry widow that I bought for myself, but did not fit :(

My loss is your amazing gain.

Dress: Alberta Street Fair.

Hat: The Urban Eccentric.