Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The lost bird


Today when Sam and I pulled up to work I saw a giant crow in front of the door holding a lifeless chick in it's beak and cornering another little one. I jumped out of the car and yelled "GO AWAY OR I'LL TURN YOU INTO A HAT!!" all while flailing my arms. The stupid crow seemed to get the picture, but the little bird was still scared and lost, and chirping and hopping. It could fly a few inches off the ground, and I followed it a bit down the sidewalk since another crow was eyeing it. Of course it hopped across the street in traffic, and of course I followed it. So here goes this tiny little bird hopping down the street, and a girl dressed like Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz chasing after it in front of cars and pedestrians. Eventually I lost it when it went under a parked car, and Sam had to pull me into work and assured me that I had scared off the crows and the little bird would be fine. About five minutes later when we were walking to get tea I think I heard it near a building with other chicks, so I'm going to hope everything was ok. Poor little bird.
On a lighter note, I found this dress while thrifting the other day, it's by Rock Steady. It's alright, just a basic gingham dress I can accessorize with, and to make it more spring appropriate I layered a 40s peter pan collared blouse underneath. At work there was a cute bunch of millenary cherries I pinned to the strap that made it a little more exciting, but next time I will wear it with these red shoes I have on reserve, brought to my attention by Cici. Thanks Cici! The charm bracelet was my mothers, thats a picture of my big brother. I have yet to put all the charms on my charm bracelet, I'd like to start collecting them again though, I have most from a year a traveled a lot, but maybe this summer I can get some neat ones.

What a long post.