Monday, October 12, 2009

40s gals


Today Twila Jean and I went to Portland to scour thrift stores for our Etsy shops. Was a semi success for each of us, there was an amazing early 40s dress we had to pass up because it had a big hole in the front! But I did find a fantastic 30s suit, it's cream, and rather unusual like many 30s things are.
She did dance with a Viking, which was exciting, not something one does everyday, and found 40s style oxfords! If I didn't know any better I would say they were authentic, they look darling on her, something she's been looking for for ages.
I think this is my favorite suit, its from the 40s and is such a lovely color, even has the matching belt. I think I could live off of suits in the fall, for town I wear them as an outfit, and for errands and such I mix the skirts with cardigans, or use the jackets over another outfit. What's not to love?

1940s suit-Magpie Vintage

1930s hat and 1940s crochet purse-The Urban Eccentric

Shoes-Hand me down from mother