Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Crisp fall morning


My inspiration for todays outfit is my new favorite shop Great English Outdoors, discovered via Frolic!. Ever since watching Miss Marple I've had daydreams of the English countryside. If anyone ever invited me to their rustic yet elegant English estate I would know exactly what to wear :) These boots would be in my suitcase, so perfect and sitting in my basement the entire time I was searching for a pair just like them. I thought they would be too big, and was going to sell them in my shop. Sorry guys ;)

A couple of weeks ago I picked up this Pendleton scarf (Wrap? Tartan?) at work and have fallen in love with its versatility. It's small enough to wrap around my neck, and big enough to belt like a dress! I'm sure you'll see it often ;) I just love Pendleton, vintage especially. When I was in school I got to take a trip to the wool mills and saw how the wool gets dyed and woven, and thought the old, small factories with aged bricks and wool fluff everywhere would make a terrific setting for a photoshoot.

Dress-Proenza Schouler for Target

Seamed tights-Macys

Boots-Thrifted

Plaid scarf-Pendleton via The Urban Eccentric