Tuesday, October 20, 2009

My fall sweater!


I finished me sweater! Quick I know, it seemed to take over my life a bit, as when I finished I went "my house is so messy!"

But thats all fixed now.

This sweater was more of a "I want a brown sweater now" than "This will be a nice project and eventually a nice sweater". Next time I'll make something thats more of a hobby than it was this time. Sam wants a scarf, and after that I want to do a short sleeve sweater. Watching Miss Marple the other day I noticed one of the characters wore a short sleeve sweater over a long sleeve blouse and it looked so cute! I always reserve short sleeve sweaters for spring and early summer, but that look can carry well into fall and even winter.
I think this one turned out pretty well, but I did do a bit of modification. For one thing I shortened it to sit at my waist, then I left out the cable stitching on the sleeves. As for the buttons I went back and fourth with different types, but finally settled on these I found in my button stash, they just felt right. If you are interested in making the sweater, you can buy the pattern here from a very lovely and helpful seller. She has lots of very pretty patterns, including some 30s knit dresses I would LOVE to make, but that really would take a while, perhaps something for spring? We'll see ;)

If anyone is wondering what happened to those hat posts I promised, I just want to let you know I haven't forgotten! I keep getting more and more ideas and inspiration, so I'm actually planning a "hat week" with lots of tips, and even a project. Stay tuned!

xoxo