Friday, July 9, 2010

Portland Antique Expo!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Today was the first day of the Palmer and Wirfs Antique and Collectable show! Twila Jean and I got up bright and early and headed over to the huge show, that boasts over 1400 booths of antiques and vintage. Today was actually one of the early pass days, where you can pay extra to get in the day before the show officially starts. This day is generally for dealers, so there were some crazy serious people there, and amazing deals! But for the first time in a while I actually just shopped for myself!
The place is huge, it has two giant halls of wall to wall booths, and in the summer months they fill part of the parking lot with stuff too. You can pretty much find anything here, but as you can see I only got clothing, despite trying to find a certain present for Sam. I now know that I only have "the eye" for vintage clothing, everything else is just a blur!

We had too much fun, and I saw lots of kitty stuff, and found an amazing pink and white Schwinn, I hope goes to a good home (and by good home I mean someone who will dress cute while riding it).

We ran into Julie of Fab Gabs, and Lulu of Shop Vintage Portland, who both looked fabulous of course! Lulu took our picture together and Julie pointed out a funny little thing. She is wearing a dress she bought from my work, I am wearing a dress I bought from her, and Twila is wearing a dress she borrowed from me! Small little world. I also want to point our that the dress Twila has on was once my aunts, and then my sister in laws, and then my mothers, and then mine. Hopefully it will pass on soon to Coedith's girls (it's so tiny, I will never fit into it again!). Or maybe my mom wants it back, she is a perfect vintage extra small.

Here's what I got today:

The cutest 1930s tap knickers, with bows!
A little cotton sailor top, probably 40s, you'll just love it!
A 1950s bra style top (I'm wearing it in one of the photos), that has some stubborn rust stains, but I couldn't pass it up.
A black 1930s rayon dress, needs lots of work but the beautiful detail is worth saving!
A cream 1930s knit top, with a fantastic collar
The most amazing jacket (band jacket?) with fantastic detail and....tails! A jacket with tails has been on my wish list for ages.
A darling early 1940s blue and cream striped dress with pinafore ruffles and a button up back
A 1930s rayon dress with caps and whips on it. Horse racing theme I think.
A 1940s silk turban style topper hat, like you see in the movies.
A pink velvet hat that matched my outfit perfectly! And to make it better, it came in the original box from Meir and Frank, with
writing on the side that read: "Pink velvet hat purchased Sept. 1958" . Also had the original tag. I wish there were more
dated finds like that!
A pretty blue flower sun dress, with pockets!
A funny little tourist blouse, with deer on it.
Two petticoats, I purchased after I said to Twila "I don't need anymore petticoats". Why would I say a silly thing like that?
And last but not least, a black garter with a zipper pouch on the side. It's pretty cool.

The show continues Saturday and Sunday for you Portland area vintage peeps, it's a great treasure hunt!