Monday, July 19, 2010

WW II military camp (!)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Saturday after a fantastic extra special photoshoot with Fab Gabs, Sam and I headed to Astoria Oregon for a little anniversary weekend at my brothers beach house. Sunday after a lazy morning and yummy breakfast, we drove to Fort Stevens for a WWII living history event, which I of course was super excited for. Unfortunately we got there just as they started packing up!

We did manage some pictures with the awesome people participating, who were so nice. and of course, looked amazing. The event is taking place again next summer, anyone who can go, should! I know we will :)

They seemed to like the way I was dressed, just as much as I liked their outfits, I felt so at home surrounded by like minded people, even if I am pretty clueless about military history, we share a passion for preserving the past in one way or another.

The fort itself is really neat, lot's of nooks and crannies to explore, and beautiful views! If anyone is interested, you can camp nearby, and there is also a beach not too far away from where we were, pictures of that later! Check out their schedule for more living history info.

Oh, and just in case you were wondering why my hair all of a sudden looks AMAZING, it's because it was professionally styled by vintage hair expert Kristen Behlings, for the photoshoot Saturday. It was so well done it kept up all the way through Sunday, I mean, she made it look like I don't even have bangs anymore! I highly recommend her if you are looking for a vintage hairstylist in the Portland area.

Dress-handmade by me!

Shoes-Urban Eccentric Vintage

Hat and gloves-Thrifted

Coat-Honeymoon in San Francisco

Purse-Antique Warehouse, Solana Beach