Monday, August 10, 2009

Cookies and instant relatives



This afternoon I walked over to a local antique mall and had a looksie around. The only thing that caught my eye was a pretty 1920 heirloom cotton dress in white, with white embroidery. It looked so light and breezy. I did spend some time looking through old photos in a box labeled "Instant Relatives" hehe. I am constantly searching for photos of ladies wearing cool hats. No such luck, but I did spot this neat photo of a victorian girl with bangs which I thought was pretty unusual.
I left the store empty handed and decided that I could try my hand at baking once again. It never goes well, I even screwed up sugar cookies once.
But for my bridal shower my mother got me 101 More Things to do With a Cake Mix, and all of the recipes look really simple. And of course the one I made was super easy thanks to the beautiful Kitchenaid mixer she got me. It's the first time I've used it ;)

I made peanut butter cookie sandwiches, and they turned out perfect! So yummy, I wish I could share them with you, but I do recommend the book if you are a beginner baker, or even advanced as they would be super quick and easy.

Later I will post photos of the fabulous dress I made (you're going to love it) and then it is off to see Julie and Julia with my mother. Although I'd better make dinner before that or be very hungry watching all that cooking!

xoxo