Friday, August 14, 2009

Lions and tigers and llamas oh my!


Today after work I went with a few friends to the county fair, a place I haven't been to for years since I entered knitting into 4H. It was the same as always, but this time around new animals, new quilts, new people that for some reason like to spit in my footpath. I finally just looked some kid in the eye and said "ew gross!" and he looked quite shocked that I was unimpressed with with his mass of saliva. Yeah....gotta love gentlemen.

I did get to meet a llama named Daisy who wanted to kiss me, and a fat bunny that wanted some love. I almost stole it, it was too cute. Among the regular farm animals there was an exhibit that held a lion and her cubs, a tiger, baby bob cats, and even a porcupine! No bears in sight though.

And I tested out a treadle sewing machine and so want one. Although I did have trouble controlling the speed, that would take some getting used to.

Dress: Handmade by me from a 1930s pattern

Hat: I have no idea

Ooops I almost forgot:

Places that like me :)

A Mad Men Storque article featuring a sweater in my shop.

My 75 cent dress story on Rock 'n Roll Bride.

Some hat advice on Queens of Vintage

Exciting!