Sunday, August 9, 2009

Vanilla ice cream.



So sorry for the lack of posting lately I've been trying to take it easy on my days off as I feel like I'm coming down with something, but I think it's just swollen tonsils. Ew.

Thank you so much to everyone who made the film suggestions, presently I have many on "instant watch" from netflix and I'm sure will draw inspiration from so many great films!

Anyway, I saw Public Enemies Friday, and while the camera work was shaky, and there was a disappointing lack of ladies hats, it was a pretty good film. While there were very few hats, the finger waved hair was expertly done, and made me consider doing a bob again. But I really want to grow it long for donation AND THEN I'll cut it.
The film did get me in even more of a 1930s mood, as the costumes were very pretty. I wouldn't recommend seeing it just for costumes, as there were not many, but I did want to make every single one I saw.

Today I wore this 80s knit dress I got for $5 but it looks so very 30s. The hat I bought at work months before, and it was only until I brought the dress home that I realized they match perfectly! The same shade of cream, the same lush ruffles. You can't really see, but the hat has a lovely black veil down the front, with a neat little pattern on it.

Oh hats. I got two this week, one a 1930s feather hat I'll save for fall, and one that makes me look like a flamingo. No it really does :)

I hope everyone had a pleasant weekend!