Saturday, August 1, 2009

First of August


Its August already! Summer is in it's last month and have yet to wear my fabulous 50s swimsuit, but then again I never swim.

Remember when I posted about that red Hawaiian dress? Well my fantastic Aunt read the post and gave me her very own authentic 1950s Hawaiian dress! It's such an amazing frock, and I honestly couldn't wait to be invited to a luau to wear it, so I wore it shopping in Portland. My mother and I went to The Red Light, Buffalo Exchange, and Monticello antiques.
I got a 1950s shirtdress, 1930s linen skirt, 1950s wool skirt, high waisted band slacks, 1930s hat, 1950s glasses, 1970s blouse, and a vintage sewing bag. And all day I only spent $8.00!

Last night I went through my Etsy stock and pulled all the items that had been in the shop too long, or had expired. Then I took those clothes to The Red Light and Buffalo Exchange and and traded them for things I actually wanted ;)

It was a beautiful day once again, but not too hot (it's cooled down to 95 degrees...Yay?)

On our way to the Monticello's we saw this guy riding in the back of a truck, happy as a clam.

The Antique mall of course had endless temptations, such as a stack of 1920s and 30s french fashion magazines, art deco buttons, and old photos of people I don't know. I only walked away with the sewing bag though, it has a ship on it! How could I let that go?

Ok, off to watch Miss Marple, hope everyone is having a good weekend!