Sunday, August 2, 2009

Peaches and cream.



So remember the little lost bird a while back? Well, it seems I attract little lost baby birds, because when I showed up at work today one hopped by the door and into a corner right outside. The poor little thing just cuddled up in the corner for hours, and I peeked at it though the window often, and knew there was really nothing I could do. Finally in the afternoon it began chirping and hopping around the sidewalk, and another bird (it's mother?) came down and led it away. It tried to show the chick how to fly by flying up and coming back down, but the little bird could only fly a few inches off the ground. After watching it hop out of sight I can only hope they both made it back to the nest alright. Once again Sam assures me that the birds are fine, but I can't handle another little lost bird! So please baby birds, just stay in your nests until you can fly.

Here is the 50s shirtdress I got yesterday, it seems brand new! The shape is my favorite, with the sleek skirt instead of the gathered, and front buttons. It actually reminds me a lot of Aya, sweet and breezy, with a hint of frill.
I only wish it had come with a matching belt, but alas! Those are rare. My yellow petticoat fit perfectly underneath, and I was pretty excited to wear my new frames.

Sam noticed that there is a peach tree in our front yard! How very wonderful.

Dress, glasses: The red light.

Shoes: The Urban Eccentric.

Hat and gloves: I have no idea where those came from...