Thursday, May 27, 2010

Colors of the day

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Today was a colorful day. The nice people at We Love Colors sent me some fabulous goodies (!), Sam took me to the craft store for some ribbons and barrettes, and I searched for a knitting pattern to make a sweater just like Keira Knightly wore in this picture for The Edge of Love. I've actually been looking for a pattern to copy that sweater for months, and today I finally found one! this is about as close as one can get to what she's wearing, and I even have the perfect yarn in mind, in the perfect color (Turmeric, down at the bottom), but of course, the color is not available until August. Deja vu. Last fall I made this cardigan, which happens to be in the same film, and it's the same color. So I was going to buy the turmeric colored yarn, but it was not available for another few months. Am I not meant to have a mustard colored cardigan?
Anyway, I hope everyone has a nice weekend planned, for us here in the states we get a three day weekend! That is if you work a normal job or go to school. So in my case, just another weekend ;)