Wednesday, May 12, 2010

California, day 5 Coronado

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
This was my third time visiting The Hotel del Coronado, and it never ceases to amaze. It's very elegant, and you might recognize the setting from Some Like it Hot.
It was such a warm day I brought my swimsuit just in case I worked up the nerve to wear it (wearing it on the beach is so much more public than a hotel swimming pool!). I did get some crazy stares from a group of Japanese tourists, and while I was in my dress a few of them kept trying to take my picture standing like three feet in front of me. Seriously, just ask and thats fine, but I'm pretty sure they just got snapshots of me scowling.
I would love to stay there one day, it's so nice just to be in, stroll, sit on the decks. While there I felt like I was in a Miss Marple episode, specifically The Body in the Library. The whole time I was there, and on The Queen Mary, I kept thinking what amazing locations they would make for a murder mystery photoshoot. Yes these are the things that flow through my mind constantly, I blame it on all those years of only reading Nancy Drew.

Oh and we had to cross that bridge to get to and from Coronado island. It freaks me out every time.

1940s Swirl dress-Grandma got it at an estate sale.

1950s sunglasses-Won them on Pretty Little Things