Sunday, May 9, 2010

California, day 2, kittens!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Today we did a little bit of shopping, and went to the farmers market in Solana Beach. The top photo might look a bit familiar, since I've taken a picture in the same place the last two times I've visited, in March, and in October 2008.
We got some good produce at the market, and since our place has a little kitchen we made dinner instead of going out and braving the mothers day crowd.
We stopped at The Antique Warehouse where I was hoping to find a red bakelite bangle, and I did! I've been obsessing more and more over bakelite bangles lately, but seeing how I've never paid over 50¢ for one (at garage sales of course), I was unsure about actually getting into them and collecting. But the bug bit me, and now I've turned into one of those people that wear them by the dozens. My grandma said "Good thing you got another one, you're elbow was showing!" Hehe, grandma is funny.
The second to last photo shows them closeup, the top row is the real deal, and the bottom is just plastic, see the difference?
And I nearly died when I saw that kitty pillow. Seriously, best pillow ever. I usually don't take pictures in antique stores, people get mad at me, but I had to sneak this one. If it wasn't $325 I would have bought it :)

I DID find (actually my mom did) the most darling kitten notebook, with an amusing title. Oh Korea, what were thinking when you made this?

And then there's a random red stagecoach. Just because I can.

I want to give a big thank you to Twila Jean for lending me her camera lense on my trip, as mine has decided to stop working. Without her we wouldn't have such nice pictures! Thank you Twila!

Dress-Grandma got it at an estate sale for me

Shoes-Urban Eccentric Vintage