Saturday, May 8, 2010

California, day 1

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I had a very Arrested Development themed day. I saw a stair car at the airport. We're staying in the part of California the show was set/filmed. I expected to see a lone model home on top of one of the dry hills. We passed UC Irvine. When we were ten minutes from Legoland my mother said "Ten minutes to Legoland!"

This is probably all gibberish to most of you, but I had to throw it in there. And seeing as I just found a website that shows places where it was filmed, I'll probably be going to those places, so watch it already!

Anyway, California is of course, lovely. I'm joining my mother, grandmother, and aunt for a week near San Diego, and the weather is so nice and warm!
The resort we're staying at is amazing, it caters mostly to families going to Legoland, so when we walked in the lobby we were greeted with movie popcorn, lego statues, and a man making balloon hats. It was pretty awesome. Aaaaaan, the pool is amazing. BOTH pools are amazing, there's a kids pool with all sorts of slides and fountains, and an adult pool on the top of a hill overlooking the ocean. It's quite posh. I will take pictures there in my 50s swimsuit and pretend I am a movie star, how could I not?

Our room overlooks a beautiful field of flowers with the ocean in the distance, and we're lucky, the flowers are in bloom right now! Everything is just so cute, right down to the tic-tac-toe tray on the coffee table, which I immediately turned into a bakelite bangle holder ;)

My mother wore a pretty pink dress, I took a picture of the petticoats she wore, and yes, my passport sleeve does match my outfit. I wouldn't have it any other way ;)