Monday, February 9, 2009

Lots of love.


I just wanted to say a big thank you to all my blog readers and commenters. I really appreciate all the lovely things you say, and getting to share some of the colorful aspects of my life makes those normal days a little more exciting. I've also found some amazing blogs from the comments you leave, since I'm terrible at going out and searching for them, its so nice to have people with the same interests as I do introduce themselves to me, and also opening my mind to styles and ideas I would have never noticed if it weren't for you.
I don't live in a place that holds fashion high, and often am complimented for simply wearing a skirt. This used to frustrate me, as I would see so many strangers around me not bothering to put any effort into their appearance. As much as I don't want to be mainstream, I also craved the knowledge that there would be more people out there who also enjoyed getting dressed, and were inspired by things other people never saw. People who appreciate old fashioned pretty things, like old lockets with sweethearts photos still in it, a carved glass button, or maybe simply just a pair of stockings with seams up the back. Whether you surround yourself with things like this, or are inspired by them, thank you everyone for hanging around my little blog, and sharing yours :)