Thursday, February 5, 2009

Red is the best color.


Today was another trip to Portland, and it was a little chilly. Brrr. We went to Powells books and I browsed through the fashion section on the search for that glove book, with no luck. There were only a few books that really interested me, since far to many of them are t-shirt, sneaker, or "How to dress" books, and far to little of the ones I want. Only one little book on Paul Poiret, a thin selection on Chanel, and of course, no glove books whatsoever. A few hat books, but nothing in my price range. There is an adorable little Dior book I always eye when I'm there, but I can never bring myself to pay $20 for it. I don't know why, it's worth it, but I guess when I think I can get a dress instead, that just makes more sense. I also looked at some bread baking books, since I'd like to start making homemade bread. I always want to browse the actual novel section, I'd love to get into some designer biographies, but I have so many other books to read it would seem pointless. After the book store we went to the vintage store Magpie, one of my favorites in Portland. Last time we went Sam found a suit, which are hard to find that fit him well. Today he found another one that was three piece, just what he's been looking for. I also found an amazing 50s pink lace suit with rhinestone buttons and and a big satin bow in the back. Fit like a glove. Sigh.