Monday, February 16, 2009

R is for red.


If asked what my favorite color is, I'll usually insist on having two: Pink and red. However, reviewing my posts I seem to be drawn to red in many things I choose to surround myself with. At the shop I work at there are often times where people will buy multiple items all in the same color, and not take note of it until I say something. Sometimes it's not their favorite color, but rather the color they are drawn to that day depending on the mood they are set in. I've also experienced this in shopping, as I'm sure many have, where I pick one color over another because it feels more right. In lighter moods I gravitate towards pinks and yellows, even though I know yellow looks horrible on me. Serious moods have me trying on black and gray things, which are often taken out of my closet not too long after a purchase because they are too "practical".

Red though is a whole other story. I can be drawn to red in any mood or situation and find that if I do not apply red lipstick when going out, I feel much less confident and more blended in with the world. Red lips demand attention, if I am speaking to you, you will listen. If I smile, so will you. Red lips can turn your day around, if you are having a bad hair day, feel invisible, or find yourself needing a pick me up in the middle of a workday. I have a few favorites, including "Lady Bug" and "Chili" by M.A.C., and "Red Velvet" by Chanel.

What's your favorite red?