Saturday, February 28, 2009

Showered with treasure.


Friday my grandmother went to an estate sale in town and bought me all sorts of wonderful goodies. I used to go to garage and estate sales a lot with my grandma when she had a space in an antique mall, and on those treasure hunts I found my first pair of gloves, my first Nancy Drew book, and saw how the pros handle such amazing deals. Being a little girl I could get away with a lot. Distract a competitor with a sweet little smile, run up stairs past dealers and pick out all the good stuff before anyone else. My grandma and I were a competitive pair, and I'm hoping to go more often this summer, maybe I can even use that as motivation to learn how to drive.
She said she didn't even get to the sale when it opened, but found these fabulous treasures and so much more she wanted to buy. However she did say one woman that had been there a while had a bunch of vintage lingerie, I think it was a good thing I wasn't there or else I would have tackled her. These dresses are super though, I'm so excited to have a dress with matching bolero, those are difficult to find these days, and I love the fluffy trim. The red candystripe one is in one of my favorite styles, with a wrap-around back and big decorated pockets. Summer can't come soon enough.


Gloves! Gloves are always a wonderful gift, and every one of these are in perfect condition, even the white ones. The lace blouse will make a wonderful layering piece until the warmer weather, and this hat pin is one of the most unique I've seen. I have yet to use my new machine (but did get the bobbin case) so hopefully when I do I can use this rick-rack for something, they're in such fun colors. And one can never have too many rhinestone brooches, and this sweet little one is perfect lapel sized.
Also she got me some beautiful paisley fabric, another blouse, a pair of earrings, and a bunch of pretty silk scarves. Doesn't get much better than a crock pot box full of vintage eye candy.

Thank you Grandma!