Thursday, June 11, 2009

Ships ahoy!

Photobucket
Like many vintage girls, I'm a sucker for nautical things. And leopard print. Together they sing.

Today was my nephew's and cousin's kindergarden graduation, which just happens to be the same school I went to when I was a little girl. It was really cute, and I not only got to see them graduate, but also a lot of children I had known from working at the school when they just started. Seems like yesterday they were all little babies.

It took me a long time to get dressed, because it was one of those "nothing looks good" kind of mornings. But I pulled this pretty little dress off the shelf, and decided to take a chance with a leopard pillbox instead of something matchy, like a cream topper. I really liked the result, one can rarely go wrong with leopard :)

Later Sam and I met my mom at a local Mexican restaurant. I dressed more casual, in sailor denim and a little jersey summer cardigan I got at an estate sale. To make it unique I accessorized with a beret and a fantastic plastic charm brooch my mother got at an estate sale. Yes, my whole family goes to estate sales, we cover more ground that way, hehe :)

Photobucket

First photo

Dress: Rummage sale

Purse: Antique mall in Solana Beach

Hat: Buffalo Exchange

Gloves: Estate Sale

Second photo

Cardigan: Estate sale

Pants: Thrift store in Solana beach

Brooch: Estate sale

Shoes: Thrifted

Hat: Thrifted