Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Today I was a nurse... Not really though.

Photobucket
When I found this 50s nurses uniform at work I was so excited. I have been on the lookout for one for a while (along with many other vintage uniforms) and this one fit perfectly! I wish the photos didn't turn out so bright, because the details and closures are really unique. Honestly I've always disliked white, cream is nice, but white is very stark on me. For some reason I love it as a nurses uniform. Last night I embroidered "Sunny" on it, my name means sunshine is spanish, and that's what my mom calls me. I paired it with a brown felt 50s hat (I didn't realize the camera cut it off, oops!) and leopard shoes. The glasses were a must, as well as matching white gloves. At work a woman came in and asked if I would be interested in buying a nurses cape. Since my boss is the only one who can buy at the shop, I had to tell her to come back, but I sure hope she does! A matching cape would carry this dress into the fall ;)

Photo found here.