Friday, June 5, 2009

Things that are too small but I want anyway.



This seems like an ongoing segment in my life: Things that are too small in one way or another, but I pine over anyway. This week a pair of shoes came into work that are sooooooooo adorable! Black and white scalloped with bows, but a size too small. I tried, but my toes were begging me not to wear them more than 30 seconds.

The next thing is the most darling play kitchen set at target. How come five year olds get all the pretty colored appliances? I mean, a pink oven?! If I had a pink oven I might make more of an effort to bake (even though it makes me cry).

So there you have it.

The writer of the adorable blog Pugly Feet has featured me as her Style Muse! I just love the way that sounds ;) Make sure and check out her blog, it's decor makes me want to wallpaper all of our walls. But I don't think our landlord would approve...

And on another note:

My Aunt called me this morning while I was getting ready for work. Ok ok, thinking about not wanting to get ready for work.
But anyway, she was at an estate sale where there were a bunch of vintage square dancing dresses there. She called my grandma who would come and pick me up in five minutes. So I threw on my candy striped Swirl (I love those dresses), slapped on some makeup, and grabbed my gloves.
We got there and I seemed to be the only frantic one, grabbing everything I could since I didn't have much time before work. I got 14 adorable square dance dresses, some with matching mens shirts, lots of 60s blouses, some Jantzen deadstock blouses, and an armfull of pretty lingerie. Oh, and a 30s coat that I was going to keep, but its too big :(

Needless to say I was a bit late to work, but am exited for the frills and thrills going in my shop next week :)